Saturday, February 19, 2005

Act Like It

I don't care if you're different! I don't care how much you've been hurt! I REALLY don't care what religion you are! TREAT HUMANS LIKE HUMANS! NOT LIKE AN EMOTIONAL PUNCHING BAG OR LIKE A WHIPPING BOY! WE KEEP PREACHING THAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SO DO IT!! DO IT NOW! ACT LIKE A DECENT HUMAN BEING ALRIGHT!? IS THAT SO HARD!?

"Angels With Broken Wings"

Angels with broken wings
Yearning to soar and fly
There are so many broken things
And it just makes me want to cry

Why can't we just let go
And let people be
We're hurting each other you know
Why is that so hard to see

We claim to be kind
Say we accept all our fears
WEll if that's our state of mind
Why am I shedding these tears

Why do we lie
Why do we hate what we don't know
I"m trying hard not to cry
But it's really hard not to do so

Look at what you're doing to each other
Can't you see the pain
We're supposed to help one another
Through religion that's what we claim

We're supposed to show compassion
But look at how we act
We care about looks pride and fashion
Well I can't accept that

Pracice what you preach
Act like you're supposed to
Do as you teach
And maybe I'll trust you

I'm not perfect
I'm not asking that much
I'm human but I expect
To be treated as such

Youd on't have to love everyone
I don't expect you to
Just treat them like they're human
Wouldn't you want that too

Stop lying to everyone now
And maybe we'llg et along
Just stop I don't care how
Realize taht what you're doing is wrong


Angels with broken wings
Yearning to soar and fly
There are so many broken things
And it just makes me want to cry

"Broken Wings"

These broken wings won't let me fly
No matter how hard I try
These broken wings won't let me fly
So won't you come and help me
I want to fly away for all to see
Why can't people just let people be
Themselves

"Reassurance"

Tell me it'll be okay
That people are just insane
Tell me I don't ahve to solve everyone's problems
That if I can't solve one it's fine
Tell me I'm an okay person
That I'm a good friend
Tell me everthink will work out without me
That things'll be fine
It'll be alright in the end
Tell me it's not my fault
If I can't save the world
Tell me it's okay to cry
Because I'm scared to show my fear
Please hold me close
And tell me you love me
Tell me I'm not a super hero
That I can't save the world by myself
Please tell me these things
Because I can't convince my heart
What my mind knows
Though I've tried and tried
I just can't do it
Please tell me it's okay
That everything'll be fine
Please tell me everything said here is true
Because I'm not sure I can tell myself
So please just hold me close
And say you love me
Because I'm scared and hurt
And I need the reassurance

-"Lose yourself and maybe you'll find me" - Amber Death

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home